Marketing strategy for law firms
Does your law firm have a marketing strategy?
Knowing which marketing works for your law firm and which doesn’t is an age-old problem. Unless they closely monitor where their enquirers found out about their firm, most law firms will rely on guesswork to decide why potential clients chose to pick up the phone to them. However, there are many reasons why your firm, rather than one of your competitors has received a phone call. Factors for making this decision include:
- Professional referral
- Search engine ranking
- Personal recommendation
- Online reviews
The right marketing message for your law firm
- What is different about your firm?
- What does your firm do well?
- How does your firm do things differently?
- Taylor Vinters’ slogan is ‘Lawyers who think like you’
- Mishcon de Reya’s slogan is ‘It’s business. But its personal.’
Communicating your firm’s marketing messaging
- Website positioning
- Search engine optimisation
- Social media
- Email campaigns
- Thought leadership articles
Measuring your firm’s marketing success
- What are people searching for to find your firm’s website?
- What are people looking for when they reach your firm’s website?
- How many people are searching for these things?
- How many people actually find what they are looking for?
- How many people make an enquiry (via the website or over the phone, mentioning the website) after searching for something and finding it on your website?
Once you have a set of metrics in place for measuring how well your website is working for you, you can put a plan in place to make it work even more effectively.