Senior Search Marketing Executive (SEO, PPC)
Reporting to: Head of Digital Marketing
Location: Market Harborough town centre
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (1-hour lunch break)
Salary: £25,000 upwards (variable dependent on experience)
Holiday: 22 days per annum plus a day off for birthdays that fall on a working day
Company pension: 2% of employee’s qualifying earnings
All staff at The Ideal Marketing Company are required to represent the company in a professional and appropriate manner, adhering to company policy, practice and guidelines as stipulated. This includes:
- Managing specific client accounts as directed, including managing and monitoring monthly plans on Smartsheet CRM, liaising with clients, attending meetings, reviewing client accounts and identifying opportunities for other forms of marketing where relevant.
- Attending company meetings and additional meetings when requested/ relevant. This may also include leading some meetings or agenda items as appropriate.
- Maintaining client and company folders on the server.
- Attending networking events or seminars as required.
- Applying brand standards in external and internal documentation.
- Answering the telephone and door in a courteous and helpful manner and welcoming visitors to the premises.
Training and learning
- Taking part in the company’s weekly ‘Learning Hour’ and feeding back on that learning in company meetings on occasion.
- Identifying relevant training opportunities in digital marketing and SEO, going on courses and feeding back to staff on learning as appropriate.
- Carrying out internal training in aspects of SEO and digital marketing as required.
- To keep abreast of developments and events in SEO and digital marketing, demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning.
- Using digital measuring tools such as Screaming Frog, Search Console and Google Analytics to carry out in depth website and SEO audits, analysing results and reporting back to clients.
- Creating strategic plans for clients in digital marketing and SEO based on reporting, competitor analyses, content optimisation and digital marketing knowledge. Reports should include keyword recommendations and content plans.
- Identifying technical fixes in areas such as 404s, alt tags and meta data and carrying out fixes with meta data or coordinating with technical support to ensure fixes are implemented.
- Carrying out website analysis for IMC and creating plans for improvement.
- Carrying out Google Analytics and Google Search Console evaluations and reporting back results with suggestions for improvement to clients as required as well as optimising Google Analytics accounts for improved reporting.
- Developing and managing project plans based on agreed timelines and project requirement.
- Creating and managing paid for social media and AdWords campaigns and budgets.
- Carrying out website and SEO analyses for IMC, carrying technical fixes where required.
- Creating and overseeing SEO strategy for IMC.
Do you have at least two years’ experience working in digital marketing? Are you seeking a new challenge and looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want to help make a difference to clients across a range of industries by creating and implementing practical and measurable digital marketing strategies?
We’re looking for a new member of the team to bring their digital marketing expertise and SEO know-how to the role of Digital Marketing and SEO Manager at The Ideal Marketing Company. You will be working closely with our Head of Digital Marketing as well as our team of content/PR writers to help bring your digital strategy to life.
The Ideal Marketing Company is a small, friendly and perfectly-formed full-service marketing agency. We have experts in each area of marketing including PR, copywriting, social media, design and web design and digital. Established in 2003, we have clients across a range of industries many of whom we have worked with for years, but we are always seeking to grow and bring on board fresh talent and new ideas.
We believe in a culture of continuous learning and teamwork – in fact there’s a lot to learn from everyone. We have a learning hour every week, where everyone is encouraged to switch off from work and switch on to learning about anything they like and ongoing professional development and training is encouraged.
Would you fit in?
When looking for a new role, it’s important to ensure that both company and employee are the right fit. Reading our vision and values statement might help you understand what’s important to us here at Ideal Marketing:
Our vision: To be known for high quality, ethical marketing services which excite our clients and educate them in the power of marketing, helping them to grow their business.
Our values: At The Ideal Marketing Company we work as a team; we operate with integrity; we value learning and we celebrate achievement to create marketing that makes a difference to our clients.
The atmosphere is flexible and friendly; we celebrate achievements for our clients and for our own business, whether it’s a new client, a viral post or a high-ranking website.
About the role
You will take ownership of carrying out the following tasks on a regular basis, for a wide variety of clients:
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of different tools used for online analysis e.g. Google Analytics, Screaming Frog, SEMrush etc.
- Ability to interpret results of these tools and create reports including actionable insights
- Ability to create advised action steps and plans as a result of reports
- Minimum two years’ experience working in digital marketing
- Experience working in SEO, developing strategy and content plans based on use of measurement tools
- Some knowledge of PPC including AdWords
- Certificates from Google’s Academy for Ads
- Experience of working in an agency
- Experience of project management
If this opportunity sounds like the ideal next step in your career, please send your CV to [email protected]